Monday, October 18, 2004

Fiber!

Hi all! Sorry I've been a little out of touch. As I mentioned, I'm in the process of moving and finding a new job ... it's exhausting. Not to mention trying to stay on a low-carb diet in the meantime. But I'm managing. One of the hard parts of uprooting your life while adhering to a diet plan is having "quick" food at hand. Lately, I've been eating a lot of edamame, nuts, slices of cheese, hard-boiled eggs, and steamed veggies. But I was kind of in a plateau. I lost about 5 pounds in my second week of induction (re-induction I should say). Then I just sort of remained steady. I still have at least 10 more pounds to lose. But as soon as I introduced a fiber drink once a day, the weight started to come off again. I usually drink a natural psyllium husk drink found at health stores, but regular Metamucil will do. As you know, Metamucil is meant for, uh, constipation. But the cleansing effects are useful for every day use. I have much more energy when I drink my fiber every day. And I can tell (don't ask me for details) that it's really "flushing" out more junk from my body than if I wasn't drinking it. So join me and raise your glasses in a toast to fiber!


Low Carb Links








Low Carb Energy magazine

My Blog Roll



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise